Hello friends! I hope everyone is having a Good Friday. I allowed my students to have a half day off from school today for the holiday. Now I am sitting and waiting for a movie to download that I rented from itunes. It has about 11 hours left....which is better than the 500 hours it started out with! I have had a few adventures since my last blog and will try my best to describe them.

Mole National park
About 2 weeks ago, I traveled with my 2 new mk teacher friends, and 2 Peace Corp girls to Mole. We hired a driver to take us down there to find some elephants. It was a long drive with 6 normal sized humans in a 5 passenger truck. I think I have a permanent indentation of the seatbelt in my behind! Anyway, we made it there safely and had a great time. We were able to see some lovely elephants and our guide informed us we needed to stay far back because an elephant can run 500 miles an hour! Hmm...We also went swimming in a less than sanitary pool, but the heat made the nastiness was worth the risk! No signs of infection yet. While we were there, we looked into the little snack shop at our hotel and I found the softest toilet paper I've seen in a while. And if you find soft toilet paper, you get all you can! (Its not fun to use the notebook paper they pass off as tissue here.) I think that was the most exciting part of the trip for me! Here are some pictures!

The Escarpment

Well after the Mole adventure, I came home and my two teacher friends continued on their journey. They spent the week in Tamale and then returned to my house for another visit. We then traveled to a town called Nakpanduri where we took a little hike up to see the escarpment. i of course had to sing as many Lion King songs as I could remember. Which wasn't hard because we watched the movie the night before in honor of the trip. It was quite a beautiful place. I think it is mandatory for anyone who comes to Africa to have a Lion King moment. On our way home, we stopped at another Ms house, where we found her pet baboon had decided to adopt a little goat as her baby. She had it up in the tree with her! It made for some adorable .
pictures.

We now have about 9 weeks of school left, so I'm going to have to start cracking down. I want to make sure the kids learn all they are supposed to this year. I'm also excited about planning for next year. I still have not begun language study, but hopefully that will happen soon. I am only able to see the girl who is going to help me on Sundays and I haven't been able to get in touch with her yet.

I hope everyone has a wonderful celebration of our Risen Lord!