Hi! You don't have to say it. I know. I'm a terrible blogger! I will try to catch you up. I got back a couple days ago from Burkina Faso. I was there for about three weeks helping with a program called FES. It's basically a group of M families that come together 4 times a year to do school as a group. It gives the kids a chance to experience more of a classroom setting and allows them to socialize with other children their age.

FES was a lot of fun. I was able to meet some other mk teachers. It was awesome to spend some time with people my age again. I really didn't think I would miss that because there are so few people in my hometown that I can hang out with anyway. But I am so thankful for the time I had with them. I'm even going to go on another Africa adventure soon with one of my new friends!

When I came home I was really excited to see what work had been done to my house. The counter tops and floors were all retiled. But the result was not quite what I expected. I guess Africans just don't see things the same way Americans do. If I was to find out I didn't have enough tile to complete a room I would get another color of tile and do a design or something. But the man who did my house, decided he would just do one half of the room in one color, and the other half of the room in another color. It was interesting to see. There are some pictures here.

Hopefully, sometime in the next week or two, I will begin working with my language helper. I am so excited! I am more than ready to be able to go out and talk to people. I can get by with English, but I know they will appreciate it more if I learn their language. So please pray for me during the next few months of language learning. You know I tend to be shy and right now I need to be bold and outgoing.

While we were at FES, the students performed a musical called Donkey Tales. It was a really cute story about how God used donkeys in different ways throughout the Bible. It was so hectic during the weeks of rehearsal that I really didn't think too much about what the songs we were singing (even though I couldn't get them out of my head the whole time we were there!) But the night of the show, I really heard the message of the musical. There was one adorable little song called God Can Use ME. We had 4 of the younger kids sitting on "donkeys" doing a cute little dance. It was adorable. But then I stopped looking at the kids and started listening to what they were saying. God can use me. If God can work though a donkey, He can certainly work through me as well. I guess I had been feeling a little discouraged and was wondering what purpose He had for me here. And hearing those little children sing about how God was going to use them, reminded me that God has a reason for all things. He has a perfect plan and purpose for all His people. I am so thankful for that.

Ok, I'll try to update more often, but I can't promise anything. Love you guys!