I am happy to tell you that I have finally started my language lessons! I had my first lesson on Monday. A volunteer that will be here for 5 months is joining me in the lessons, so it is nice to have someone to be doing it with me. We have a very nice young lady that will be coming three days a week to help us learn Mampruli. She has never done this before, so we will all have to work together to get the most out of the lessons. Mampruli is an interesting language, so this will be a journey.

I cannot believe how quickly the past few months have flown by. I travelled to Accra when we finished school to help out with childcare at a conference for the convention team in West Africa. We had 13 kids so we did VBS with them. It was really great, because I always love helping with VBS at home. And Boomerang Express had such fun music! After the conference was over, Some Journeymen friends of mine and I went to the coast of Ghana for a couple days of vacation. I must say being on the beach in Africa is not like the beach in America. But wow, it sure is beautiful. After my friends returned to their own countries, my mom came out to visit. It was so great to have her here. We did lots of baking and just chilled in Nalerigu. It was hard to see her go. I think having family actually here with me in Ghana, made me miss everyone even more. But I’m getting used to being on my own again.

After Mom went home, my whole house got a makeover! Every single room was painted. It looks so great. It’s amazing how fresh paint can change the feel of a room. So my guestroom is all set up for visitors, whenever you’re ready! ;)

I think that brings us up to date. Right now I am focusing on Mampruli and getting school ready for the next year. I’m looking forward to school starting up, I know – I’m a nerd. Oh well, I’ve accepted it. Have a great day!